Home COVID-19 Forum Economic and Finance Your concerns and ideas for free zones

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nancy Power
    Participant

Good Morning

The BBG Chairman, Nick Cochrane-Dyet and I as the Deputy Chair are going to meet twofour54 tomorrow, Wednesday 29 April to present the BBG Survey Results and discuss potential Remedies that the joint BBGs have identified. Do you have any concerns or ideas that you would like us to raise on your behalf? If yes, kindly share them here.

Stay safe and best regards,
    Nancy Power
    Deputy Chair BBG and CEO BSL Middle East

Ram Pillai
    Participant

Hi Nancy,
    Sorry only just seen this. Hope the meeting went well. I wish there’s a way of moving from one FZ to another without the rigmarole of cancelling bank accounts, visas etc. I am stuck with a FZ (another Emirate) and they have the nerve to increase license fees by 30% this year…they know it’s not easy for companies to cancel and go elsewhere.

Hope some legislation is introduced to increase competition and lift up standards e.g. MNP between Etisalat and Du.

Regards,
    Ram

Nancy Power
    Participant

Good Afternoon Rami

I am pleased to report that the meeting was positive and I hope sincerely to be in a position shortly to send some key action points that resulted from it.

In the meanwhile, I am very sorry to learn of your situation and totally agree that this is not the time for FZs to be increasing licensing fees although I have now heard this from a few sources. Are you in a position to share which FZ it is please? Also point noted re ease of moving from one FZ to another and will have to do some homework on that point and revert, unless any other forum users can advice here how best to tackle that point?

Kind regards
    Nancy

Ram Pillai
    Participant

Hi Nancy,

Sure, happy to share privately. Strange that some FZs are behaving like this when for example Dubai DED is being very accomodating.

Regards,
    Ram

Nancy Power
    Participant

Hi

Great thanks – my email address is nancy@bslmiddleeast.com – I look forward to hearing from you.

Wishing you a relaxing evening ahead.

Kind regards
    Nancy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.